Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bird Watching at Night


Cats are nocturnal animals by nature and I'm reminded of this on a daily basis every time I try to catch some z's at night. All I hear are either the jingles of his little toys or of him running around. There's one thing I certainly don't mind though. Stormie has a habit of jumping on the bed to nuzzle me with his wet nose several times a night and then run away. I call it a "Stormie kiss."

Stormie also climbs up on our window sill to stare outside. He usually does so at dawn when the birds are chirping. This is what inspired me to do this painting. I love the way the landscape appears to be lit by the moon.

I also have a daytime version of this painting if you prefer.

Day or night, Stormie always keeps me amused!

No comments:

Post a Comment